Indian Centre for Advancement of Research and Education, Haldia (ICARE) set up in 1995, is a non-profit making voluntary organisation registered under Societies Registration Act 1961. ICARE is dedicated to promote, establish, run & maintains educational institutions of excellence to keep pace with the rapid industrial development in this region. This society is managed by a Board of Governors comprising of eminent personalities who are great visionaries.
The society aims at creating a modern education centre of excellence in Haldia, provide value based education of international standards and with a motto to march ahead to build an ideally developed Haldia.
Institutes under ICARE:-
- Haldia Institute of Management
- Haldia Institute of Technology
- ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences & Research & Dr.Bidhan Chandra Roy Hospital, Haldia
- Haldia Institute of Maritime Studies and Research
- Haldia Institute of Nursing Science
- Haldia Law College
- Haldia Institute of Dental Sciences & Research ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Global Institute of Science & Technology
- Haldia Institute of Health Science
- Vidyasagar Primary Teachers’ Training Institute of Education
- Haldia Institute of Languages
- ICARE School of Research & Development
- Haldia Institute of Pharmacy
- ICARE School of Languages
The industrial city of Haldia is located in the district of Purba Medinipur in West Bengal. Despite being an industrial city, it is soothingly green. The beautiful riverside, with its spacious boulevard, attracts tourists and residents alike. The Mahishadal Palace, the Ramakrishna Math in Chaitanyapur, the scenic village of Geonkhali at the confluence of the Rupnarayan, Damodar and Hooghly are some of the popular tourist attractions near the city. The annual Haldia Mela also speaks of the city’s rich and vibrant cultural life. Besides being an industrial hub and a tourist getaway, Haldia is home to numerous educational institutions and supports a dynamic and spirited intellectual life.